SBurban Jungle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Too Late To Say Hello

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Never Too Late To Say Hello Empty Never Too Late To Say Hello

Post  titanicIronsmith Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:01 am

-- You are now being trolled by titanicIronsmith [TI] --

You probably do not know who ╕I╒ am |B|ut, uh, hi. ╕I╒ do so hope this is not an intrusion. Ah, well you see your name shows up on my Trollian friend list |B|ut ╕I╒ do not remember you for the life of me. Perhaps we have meet in |B|efore. Or not. The curiosity is just too great to ignore. You may not even answer this but ╕I╒ thought it would |B|e nice to, uhm, give it a shot anyway.

(This is open to anyone who wants to join. I thought it would be interesting to see how someone would respond to this-if anyone does.)
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Never Too Late To Say Hello Empty Re: Never Too Late To Say Hello

Post  mercurialMonster Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:26 am

MM: Oh?
MM: Hello?
MM: I do not believe we have met before, how curious that I appear on your list?
MM: Oh well‽ Always nice to meet new people, eh???
MM: Well,
MM: Obv. not ALWAYS, because sometimes new people are fucking abysmal wastes of space,
MM: But I'm sure that's not the case where you're concerned, hm???
MM: So‽ Who are you??? Why don't you tell me about yourself???

mercurialMonster
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:41 pm

Oh. What's this? Just as you are about to close the window, because you both fear a response as well as being ignored, there is a ping and text appearing. You start to panic, half expecting some terrible backlash. My you are just a pathetic purple blood aren't you?

TI: Oh. Oh hello. Uhm, yeah. ╕I╒ was just curious if we have meet |B|efore. |B|ut maybe not. ╕My╒ name is Kuvoos. Kuvoos Symbio.

There is a sudden surge of uncertainty as you give up your name. Judging by the way your new friend is writing that they are one of those types. Or perhaps not. You try not to assume the worst of others after all.

TI: And ╕I╒ am an armor smith. And weapon smith. Uhh, all around smith maybe? ╕I╒ am pretty good with, uh, ╕my╒ hands.

Wait that might have sounded odd. Darn, you can't take it back.
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:39 pm

You smile as a reply pings up onto your screen, head tilted slightly. You like his unsure speech patterns, much more tolerable to you than the more common snarkiness and uppity attitudes that came naturally to so many trolls. Perhaps there is a friend to be made here?

MM: Hello‽ It is v. nice to meet you, Kuvoos‽
MM: My name is Lothun Rhakon?

No uncertainty brushes your mind as you give your own name, far too confident and sure of yourself to worry over such trivial things. You don't often worry about anything at all, so secure in your beliefs that there is nothing and no-one that can truly pose a threat to you.

MM: That sounds v. interesting‽ I have never had much skill when it comes to crafting?
MM: I can draw a little, but other than that I'm pretty shit at making stuff, ha ha? Worked on anything cool lately???

You won't mention your own occupation until you get a better feel for this person. They might not take well to it, you never knew.
mercurialMonster
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:58 pm

It comes fairly quickly that your new friend has a very keen interest in question marks. Very similar to another troll you know. But with exclamation marks instead. Yeah.

TI: Well we all have some kind of, uh, talent and uses. Some |B|etter then, uhm, others.
TI: And it can be interesting, yeah. |B|ut lots of hard work and time. Not that I mind.

There is a bit of a pause as you look around your respiteblock/workstation and eye the little metal figures you are currently putting together. It's not really that big of a deal. And something puny like that certainly wouldn't interest another troll. Particularly a highblood.

TI: ╕I╒ am currently working on crafting a life sized sculpture modeled after ╕my╒ lusus. ╕I╒ only hope he appreciates it.

Said lusus is nowhere in side. The lazy lion is probably busy fishing again.

TI: So... uh, you draw. What things do you draw, if it is alright to ask.
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:36 pm

You like the funny symbols Kuvoos puts next to his reference to himself. It is certainly a much more legible mode of speech than many you have encountered!

MM: Isn't that always the way??? If you love something you never mind putting work into it‽ Even better if you have a natural talent?
MM: I was reeaaaaally bad at art when I first started fucking SWEEPS ago, and I'm no master now,
MM: But I don't think there's an artist in existence who likes there own work, ha ha‽

The mention of his project makes you smile. That sounds like a pleasant idea! Your own hive has a few sketches of your lusus scattered around, varying in quality depending on when they were drawn.

MM: That sounds like a delightful project‽
MM: And, um
MM: I draw people, mostly? Sometimes I draw made up creatures? And a lot of eyes‽ Eyes are tricky, but fun to draw‽
MM: I draw little comics, sometimes‽ But mostly just loose sketches of expressions, ha ha‽

mercurialMonster
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:49 pm

TI: Uh, well when ╕I╒ first started iron working ╕I╒ was terrible at it. |B|ut with much time and patience ╕I╒ was able to create majestic pieces of art.
TI: Much of what ╕I╒ made when ╕I╒ was younger is simply horrible. Most of it has |B|een disposed of.
TI: ╕I╒ do occasionally sell ╕my╒ works now and then.

You blink slowly at the mention of eyes. Frowning greatly as she went on about expressions. Touching your cybernetic visor and sighing slightly. You kind of miss your old eyes.

TI: Do you have a current project in, hmm, the works?
TI: ╕I╒ never tried to draw. Seemed much too difficult. Perhaps, uhm, someday you could share your works?
TI: That is, uhh, if that is alright with you.
TI: ╕I╒ would not |B|e one to impose.
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:21 pm

MM: Ha‽
MM: Yeah, my old sketchbooks are hidden away somewhere,
MM: The shame of anyone finding them would be INSURMOUNTABLE, as unbelievably shitty as everything contained within is,
MM: But I keep them around so I might recreate them and see how I've improved‽
MM: So I know the feel of looking at shitty early works?
MM: Maybe I'll see your stuff sometime‽ Might even purchase something, you never know‽

What's one more pointless ornament to you? You dont even remember buying most of this shit, wow. You just acquire these things in a weird attempt to please the people who made them.

MM: Uh, well,
MM: For a while I was drawing a whole bunch of shitty magical hoofbeasts,
MM: Who the fuck even knows why,
MM: Whhyyyyyyy,
MM: But now I'm drawing some characters,
MM: Or at least I am attempting to, because I appear to have COMPLETELY FUCKING FORGOTTEN how to draw people‽
MM: Like,
MM: Mouths,
MM: What the fuck is their deal?????????????
MM: I'll maybe show you once I stop being so motherfucking incompetent, woooowwwww
mercurialMonster
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:43 pm

You ponder a bit. Lothun's words seem to make sense. You should have saved some of your older works to compare to your now and then. Oh well, those pieces have been long since melted down and added into your other artisan works around your hive. And instantly you perk up when she mentions she might be interested in purchasing something from you. Oh now she has instantly brought your hopes up. Great.

TI: Well you, uh, know. The planet could always use more, uhm, magical hoofbeasts in it.
TI: We do so, ah, have such a lack of things.

It's hard to discern if you are being sarcastic or honest. Though you are only ever honest. Mostly.

TI: And yes, mouths can |B|e tricky. Attempting to apply them to metal sculptures is a difficulty for ╕me╒ too.
TI: And one can not, hrm, simply erase it.
TI: Such trials we, uh, artist face these days!

All of the sudden offensive language has you pausing in mid type. You are not much of a fan of such mannerisms but you don't judge. It's not your place, especially when speaking to someone on your blood level.

TI: And ╕I╒ do not believe you to |B|e incompetent. We all have those, uhh, moments of inability to produce our |B|est works.
TI: ╕I╒ would enjoy seeing what you produce when back in your, uhm, general flow of things.
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:58 pm

You can't help but cackle at Kuvoos' words, leaning back in your seat. It doesn't even matter if he was being sincere or sarcastic, that was the most quality comment you have seen in a long time. At least these ridiculous fucking hoofbeasts serve as decent humor material!

MM: Ha‽ If you say so‽
MM: I get the feel that most people would just eat a magical hoofbeast if they found one?
MM: I mean, I def. would?
MM: Wouldn't even hesitate, woah damn?

Holy shit you could eat you a hoofbeast right now. Even a magical one. Food calls to you from elsewhere in your hive-- the husktop calls louder. You'll stay put.

MM: Woah, yeah,
MM: Sculpting has always seemed mad tricky to me, bro‽
MM: Gave it a try once,
MM: I, uh,
MM: Ragequitted???
MM: And never tried again, ha ha?

Your sculpting attempt went so abysmally that you broke a fuck-ton of furniture and put your fists through some walls in a fit of temper. Best to just avoid it.

MM: Sounds rad, bro‽
MM: I'll be sure to show you something once I stop sucking, ha ha‽
MM: Hey, maybe we know some people in common??? That might be how I'm on your list‽

The thought strikes you a little suddenly. It's not likely-- not many people hold a position on your own friends list-- but it is possible. Though you do wonder what sort of moron would recommend you to their unsuspecting friend, if that is how he gained your contact.

There's a reason most avoid you, after all. But he is a highblood too; perhaps he can handle you better than most.
mercurialMonster
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:23 am

TI: Well ╕I╒ would certainly pass on the partaking of magical, uh, hoofbeast meat. ╕I╒ would think it, hmm, rather overly sweet and perhaps filled with sparkle dust.
TI: Sparkle dust, uh, seeming to be the most likely contents of a magical |B|east in general.
TI: |B|ut now that you mention it. Anything |B|sides fish would |B|e a nice change of pace.

You shudder at the thought of having yet another night of roasted, broiled, fried, pickled, grilled or raw fish for dinner. Honestly, your lusus needs to step up his game. Or you could, you know, go look for a meal yourself. Not like you couldn't afford to have some other troll do it for you either.

TI: Should our, uh, conversations further advance perhaps we could even, hmm, exchange hobbies for a night.
TI: And, uh, compare notes.
TI: And mock ourselves at how terrible we are in different artistic fields.
TI: Perhaps, if ╕I╒ am not imposing again, we can even give one another tips.

You don't even know what you're saying anymore. Facepalming as you reread your last few texts.

TI: Or not. Really just a suggestion.
TI: And, uhm, I doubt we share a common friend.
TI: In no offense. |B|ut most of the trolls ╕I╒ associate with deal very rarely with highbloods.
TI: |B|ut I may |B|e wrong in, uh, this case.

You glance at your friend list. It is terribly small. Not because you don't like others. No you just have a very difficult time meeting others that don't criticize you for your appearance. Leaving out most highbloods. And most lowbloods are terrified/weirded out by you for the same reason. You list off two trolls, the only other somewhat social highbloods that know you in person: chimericTernion and anthropodicEmpathy.
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:22 am

MM: Oh, I hadn't thought of that‽
MM: Hmmmmmmmmmm
MM: Sparkle dust does not sound very appetizing?
MM: Bleh, stupid fictional non-tasty hoofbeasts‽

You pause a moment. Fish sounds pretty delicious right about now.

MM: You eat a lot of fish, I take it???

You consider his offer. Perhaps sculpting in a more companionable setting would inspire less blind rage in you. Should this ever occur, you should remove everything save for sculpting materials from the room prior to the endeavor.

MM: That sounds fun‽
MM: I'll try not to fail too hard, ha ha‽
MM: Hey bro, you don't need to stress so hard‽ You ain't imposing, just chill‽ No need to tiptoe around me all proper like, ya dig??? It's all cool‽

You're used to this sort of behavior from lowbloods, but highbloods tend to carry themselves with a little more surety. Of course, outright disrespect is intolerable, but there's no need to be timid as far as you see it.

MM: Oh??? You mean you're pals with some people a little further down the spectrum, so to speak???
MM: Hmmmmmmmmmm
MM: Do you know stoicNeurologist, perchance??? Only person on my list who I think might know you?
MM: Don't exactly have a lot of possibilities, ha ha‽
MM: I've got like
MM: Four people on here, ha ha?

Most who grow to know you well abandon ship pretty quickly soon after. You only have a small handful of 'friends', a motley crew at best. A fudgeblood with a stern attitude, a neurotic oliveblood too afraid to leave her hive, an ochreblood with an obsession for fantasy lore, and a violetblood who 'identified' as a burgandyblood. People who didn't have a lot of friends themselves, really.
mercurialMonster
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:04 am

You wince again at the mention of fish. No, no more of that, please. Even some shellfish would be a nice change of pace. But no it's just fish. Fish that is most often half alive and covered in your lusus's drool by the time you get it. That's not very appetizing to you. At all.

TI: Too much fish. Perhaps you could, uh, take some of it off ╕my╒ hands one day?
TI: Something we can, hmm, partake of during our combined art session. Of sorts.

You purse your lips at her comment about needing to chill. But you are chill. Very chill. Being proper comes from your lusus. His regal essence has really rubbed off on you. As well as his fur, that stuff is everywhere. But yes, you should relax a little more perhaps. She seems alright.

TI: Well that name does, uh, ring a sort of familiarity |B|ut alas it is not a name currently on ╕my╒ list. And it is a very short one as well.

You glance at your list again and find that you have only about a dozen or so friends and half of them you talk to regularly and half of that you have actually dealt with in person.

TI: Well there is a chance that, ah, your name was passed on to ╕me╒ |B|y someone during a social gathering I attended several weeks past.
TI: There is so chance ╕I╒ was given your handle then.
TI: |B|ut, uhm, I see no reason to |B|orrow further down that path since we are now here, pleased with one anothers textual company. :3

And you suddenly berate yourself severely for adding that face. That darn face! Ruined everything.
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:30 am

MM: Yeah, sure thing, bro‽ I can getcha some land-based meat if you're struggling to get your hands on the stuff‽
MM: I could knock something delicious together for the sweet art sesh, ha ha‽

Your willingness to eat anything could be compared to that of an earth goat, if you had ever heard of either earth or goats. Which you haven't. You're a reasonable crafter of food, though more out of necessity than any particular inclination towards cooking. It's not like your lusus has any limbs to cook with, after all. Unless you want half-eaten raw beasts coated with snake saliva, you rather have to do it yourself.

MM: Ah well‽ It will remain a mystery then?
MM: Whatevs‽
MM: I will drop it now before the curiosity drives me 'round the bend?

You tilt you head, halted in your textual ramblings. Is that a... Cat emoticon? That's slightly cute, you suppose.

MM: Ha ha, is that a kitty face??? Cute‽
MM: Look‽ :}<
MM: That is a snakey face‽
MM: See, it has a snakey mouth and a forked tounge‽
MM: Though it is kind of crazy awful, ha ha‽
MM: Oh, wait‽
MM: >{:3
MM: Ha ha, now it has a fluffy mane like my lusus‽
MM: Ha ha, that is the worst emoticon ever, oh my god‽

What the fuck are you doing and why doesn't he stop you. Stop laughing. The joke isn't even that funny, stop cackling like someone who's escaped a loonyblock.
mercurialMonster
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:54 am

Oh sweet cybernetic symbotic deities, how you would love some landbeast meat. At some point will have have to move and get something to munch on. All this talk of food has your mouth watering for something hearty. But the only thing sitting in your frozen storage unit is more freaking fish. Would you gladly do a trade via your trollian connection if it was possible.

TI: Oh please, do send help. One can not survive on fish fry alone for long.

But... but oh no. There's a long pause as you wait for her response after you send that smiley face. You freeze and wonder if she now thinks you a fool. There you go berating yourself again.

TI: Uh, well, uhm, yes. It is indeed a cat face.
TI: Cute? Yeah, maybe.
TI: Though ╕I╒ do, uhm, find your text snake rendition rather humorous as well.
TI: And a little, ah, cute. Yes, very much so.
TI: Is is safe to assume that your lusus is a scale beast? Though you mention a mane.
TI: That's very cool.

You are completely unaware of your new friend's current laughing fit though you are thoroughly amused by her attempt at creating a snake emoticon. Though now you are curious and attempt, rather horribly, at creating one too.

TI: Let us see... >~{:3
TI: Oh my.
TI: ╕I╒ think we may have created a monster.
TI: One way looks like a snake with a mane. The other looks like a purrbeast with a silly hat. Or very long ears.
TI: From ╕my╒ perspective.
TI: |B|eware. For it can taste fear and demands all your back scratches.

The images of forked-tongue baths make you burst out in a very awkward laughter. Thankfully you are very much alone in the privacy of your hive.
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:11 am

MM: No fear, my brother‽ I shall get some landbeast flesh to you as quickly as possible‽

It's not as if you have anything important to be doing, after all. Just sort f sitting around. Occasionally attending to your secretive duties.

MM: Mm-hm, Quetza is a great big snake with a feathery mane‽
MM: She's pretty cool‽
MM: Very sweet, but struggles with a lot of things due to the lack of limbs, as you can imagine?
MM: So we don't have any stair because they hurt to slither on,
MM: just a lot of rampy things‽ No dramatic spiral staircases for meeeee‽
MM: But whatevs‽

Your lusus is very dear to you. While her limbless form poses many problems that you must assist her with, she is very sweet natured and good at hugs. And her gentle hissing has served well at soothing you throughout your life.

MM: PURRBEAST WITH A SILLY HAT‽
MM: I AM SO DELIGHTED RIGHT NOW, YOU HAVE NO IDEA‽
MM: *CACKLES INTO THE NIGHT*
MM: Here kitty kitty, I shall pet yoouuuuuuu‽
MM: Gosh I love purrbeasts‽
MM: Purr purr purr purr‽

Your cackling threatens to rouse Quetza from her slumber, but the mighty serpent likely wouldn't mind. She would simply relocate to somewhere lower down in the hive and leave you to it.

mercurialMonster
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:44 pm

You can't help but smile when Lothun continues to offer him real meat. That alone has you praising her and her good will. But there might be some problems, if this offer is very much legit. It's nearly impossible to find your hive unless you knew exactly what to look out for. Well it's still a sweet offer regardless. When the name of your new friend's lusus is brought up you can't help but be intrigued by such a name.

TI: Oh yes ╕I╒ can only imagine the difficulties. |B|eing armless and legless.
TI: |B|ut snakes are, uh, very hardy |B|easts.
TI: Very majestic, hmm, in their own way.
TI: ╕I╒ have only seen two snakes up close |B|efore. And one was half chewed on and dragged from the sea by ╕my╒ lusus.

You again find yourself pausing as you read the text on the screen. It seems your comment about purrbeasts in silly hats was really a hit! And how she goes on to mention how much she loves purrbeasts makes your bloodpusher flutter in your chest. Grinning rather stupidly at the computer screen and for a moment you look around your room and then toward the door. Nope, no sign of your lusus anywhere still. You have a bad feeling he's ruining something of yours that is both expensive and precious to you. You really care for that big brute but sometimes...

TI: Oh, uh, you do?
TI: Well Lo-Lo is a great lusus. He doesn't really complain except when ╕I╒ sometimes, uhh, forget to sleep.
TI: Working with iron all day and night. He sometimes lumbers into ╕my╒ workshop and, ah, pounces ╕me╒.
TI: And drags ╕me╒ off to ╕my╒ respiteblock.
TI: He is also nice to, hmm, lay on and pet. When he is not soaking wet from the ocean water.
TI: |B|e warned. Once you give him attention he may never let you leave.

Yes, your lusus is a bit of a needy beast. If you don't give him his usual amount of recommended attention nightly he will never let you get any work done. You may be strong but that massive sea lion can always find a way to pin you down till you give him the attention he so does crave.
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:12 am

Snakes are very majestic, and you appreciate his acknowledgment of this often overlooked fact. Mighty, noble beasts indeed! Though you will admit to being a little biased.

MM: Quetza is v. majestic, if uncommonly large, ha ha‽
MM: V. good at hugs
MM: and also crushing things, ha ha‽
MM: And her scales are v. smooth and silky, not at all like they look‽
MM: But she does have this habit of trying to get me to eat regurgitated beasts, which, uh
MM: just
MM: no

It's a good thing you're physically capable enough to punch many beasts to death. And you've got your backup spearkind specibus in case of something too big for that, though you not often encounter anything that tough. So you don't often need to eat whatever Quetza's half-digested.

MM: Ha ha, I know that feel‽
MM: Quetza gets annoyed when she catches me caught up in something and forgetting to sleep, so she picks me up with her mouth?
MM: Good thing snakes aren't very slobbery, ha ha‽
MM: But she sleeps a lot herself, so she doesn't often notice,
MM: I should probably fix my sleep patterns, the lack of shuteye is affecting my good looks, ha ha‽

What the fuck did you even just say. It seems the lack of sleep is making you dumb as hell.

MM: But yes‽ I adore purrbeasts, so cute and cuddly‽ Such plushy bellies?
MM: You know that person who goes to a party and ends up ignoring everyone and petting all of the house beasts???
MM: That is me, ha ha‽
MM: But purrbeasts are my favourite? They're just made of condensed miracles or some shit‽
MM: So cute‽ But such natural predators‽ So independent, yet affectionate and cuddly! And purring is just the best noise ever?

You just really love purrbeasts, okay.
mercurialMonster
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:35 pm

TI: Well ╕I╒ will |B|e, uh, very grateful if ╕I╒ could meet your majestic lusus.
TI: |B|ut ╕I╒ must say, the thought of |B|eing crushed or regurgitated on does not, uhm, sound pleasant in the least.
TI: Yet is sounds like you lusus is, ah, very caring.

You grin and chuckle slightly at the mention of lack of shuteye and her apparent good looks. Now you are curious just what this troll looks like. Oh you have no intention of outright asking her anything about her appearance. That seems just rude. And perhaps a bit creepy. It will bug you for a while now regardless.

TI: Well, ah, ╕I╒ think purrbeasts are vicious and powerful and represent, uhm, the best qualities any troll should have.
TI: ╕I╒ am not one for all the, hmm, petting and cuddling.
TI: Though, yes, ╕I╒ would agree to the condensed muscle comment and, uh, all the purring. It does help make sleep easier.
TI: And it sounds like, uh, you would really get along with Lo-Lo.

You look over as you hear the telltale lumbering sounds of your lusus patrolling the hallway. It's not soon after you hear the gruttle roar and Lo-Lo's head poke into your respiteblock. You should really consider locking the door sometime. Your smile falters when you notice your lusus is dripping salt water everywhere.

TI: We should, uh, trade lusus for a day. See where that goes.
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:14 pm

MM: ha ha, she wouldn't crush YOU‽
MM: she just constricts beasts and shit to death?
MM: and she'd only regurgitate something if she thought you were too skinny, ha ha‽
MM: she means well, it's just so grossssssssssssss‽

Quetza is a very caring lusus, much more so than the lusii of many trolls you have met. Your friend Yoyana's lusus was more like an aggressive pest than a guardian or caretaker, and Skroel's was almost entirely absent. You wonder what would compell a lusus to adopt a young troll only to snap at it or leave it on its own?

MM: well, yes, all that majestic stuff too‽
MM: but nothing is as cute as a happy purrbeast all curled up and sleepy, awwwwww‽
MM: all cute, rolling around and purring, jumping on shit
MM: then BAM, murdered things left on the doorstep
MM: purry fluffy killing machines <3

Mirthful messiahs, you just cannot get over how darling purrbeasts are. One day you will obtain one and keep it in your hive! Or maybe not, since you're not sure if Quetza would try to eat it. You would quite like to meet this Lo-Lo, however!

MM: ha ha, yeah???
MM: not sure how Quetza would feel about that‽
MM: but she would probs be cool with it‽

The raspy sound of slithering scales alerts you to your lusus' approach. She pauses to flick her forked tounge against the top of your head, then continues to her plushy blanket nest in the corner of the room. As she goes, she bumps one of the chests full of found valuable crap you never look at-- hey, you wonder if Kuvoos is into Flarping!

MM: hey‽ What other hobbies do you have??? Do you flarp at all???
MM: I'm pretty into it, ha ha?
mercurialMonster
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:48 pm

You try, again, not to picture regurgitated food from the mouth of a lusus and yet you are failing. You're appetite is beginning to diminished but you wont bring it up. Perhaps switching lusus for a day isn't a good idea. Even if such chances for a per-digested meal is slim you don't think Lo-Lo would appreciate you showing affection to another lusus. Then again that feline has done some pretty unexpected things now and then. Merely shrugging to yourself.

TI: Furry, cute. Perhaps. |B|ut never forget those, ah, claws. They pop up at terrible times.
TI: Oh, yes, Lo-Lo does enjoy leaving ╕me╒, uh, gifts now and then.
TI: Mostly just small creatures. Mostly featherbeasts and a few, hmm, squeaky pest things.
TI: Though there was one time he, uhm, left a troll outside the door.
TI: Whether it was an intruder or, uh, lost, ╕I╒ never found out.
TI: Lo-Lo tore out his, uh, throat. It was not pleasant to clean up after.

It can be surprising that your lusus could be so ruthless. Then again you wouldn't trust another living being with your life like you can trust him. There was plenty of times he has saved your skin. But you decide it's best not to dwell on such things. The mention of Flarping makes you cringe a bit. You have never tried it, mostly because no one has really asked you to join, but it doesn't seem like something interesting.

TI: Oh, uh, well no. ╕I╒ can not really say that ╕I╒ like it or not since ╕I╒ have never partook in a game.
TI: It seems a |B|it complex. And violent.
TI: ╕I╒ would not know where to |B|egin.
TI: Judging |B|y your enthusiasm it must |B|e fun at least.
TI: Do you engage in flarping regularly?
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:16 am

MM: That is kind of the coolest thing I've ever heard???
MM: like woooaaaaahhhhh
MM: Quetza's never done anything like that‽
MM: But we don't get a lot of trespassers round my way, it's a little hard to access?

Your hive is positioned on a rocky peninsula, with only a narrow rocky path connecting it to the mainland. Sort of difficult to accidentally wander onto. You occasionally see seadwellers bobbing about, and sometimes your one violet-blooded friend comes visiting in from the ocean, but not many land trolls come to your neck of the woods.

MM: It is pretty violent‽
MM: Craaaaaazy violent‽
MM: it can be hard to get into, since it's pretty easy to get killed if you don't know what to do?
MM: but I do it pretty often‽ I have gotten all of the levels at this point? Sooooo much sweet loot‽
MM: I ended up finding some of my Ancestor's gear, so that was cool‽

Your most prized weapons, the Harrowing Knucklebusters, were acquired through the game and were your Ancestor's trademark tools of death and destruction. They're pretty cool to use, and the ancient punching aides are excellent to show off.

MM: if you ever feel like taking it up, let me know‽ You can come quest with me, I'll make sure you don't get in too much trouble‽
mercurialMonster
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:56 am

Well you don't really think your lusus ripping apart a fellow troll and leaving it outside your hive is the best thing for a number of reasons. Mostly due to the fact it could have attracted Daywalkers and you would rather avoid such things. Not that you're afraid of them getting into your hive. It's pretty impossible for anything dead to gain access. It's really just having to haul the corpse away and toss it into the ocean that really ruined your day. Thankfully your hive is quite literally build into the face of a cliff overlooking the sea. It's impossible to tell it's even there unless you look out from the ocean at the right angle and manage to catch the single window. It's probably for this reason you never get any live visitors.

TI: Crazy violet huh?
TI: Well ╕I╒ suppose ╕I╒ could deal with that.
TI: And loot does sound, ah, really really tempting.

Oh you're no wriggler and no coward but excessive violence just isn't your thing. You work with your molten hot iron all day and night and beating it into submission with your massive hammers kind of helps with any pent up rage you got going. You're actually lucky to be one of those trolls that gets to do what you absolutely love while almost being able to keep your homicidal tendencies in order. Basically you have all the brawn just none of the drive.

TI: Well with you, ahh, offering ╕me╒ guidance perhaps it will |B|e a plausible activity.
TI: Though ╕I╒ know very little of ╕my╒ own ancestor. ╕I╒ have always |B|een interested in other... things.
TI: ╕I╒ think ╕I╒ would have to do a little research into this. |B|ut ╕I╒ would very much appreciate any help you would, uh, offer.

Yeah you really don't know too much about your ancestry. You only know that your supposed ancestor enjoyed taking trolls apart. For the purpose of science and study. That's not something you really want to emulate. No the only being you want to emulate is your nameless deity. That's right, no Mirthful Messiah worshiping for you!
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:27 am

Flarping played a large part in your development, and even helped you decide what you wanted to be-- the Ruinous Racketeer class required all the subtly, cunning, and deadly precission that was required of laughsassins, and it was through the game that you discovered your talent for it. Getting your aggression out through non-violent talents is all well and good for some trolls, but your core talent is violence. The gained knowledge of your ancestor only encouraged you even more-- it seemed the Countess was a Laughsassin too, and you had always wanted to emulate her.

MM: Sooooo much loot‽
MM: and the violence is appealing to some of us, ha ha?

Why work out your aggression when there are lesser trolls to break? You are a highblood after all, born with rage and the urge to subjugate in your rich purple veins. The peasantbloods understand the risks when they enter the game, it's hardly your fault they suck at it. Though 'peasantblood' is a subjective term; if any seadweller touched any of the lowbloods you deem 'friends', well. Their blood would be less than dirt to you and you would rip their limbs off one by one. This is not speculation-- it's happened before.

MM: I had this wicked kick over my Ancestor a while ago, ha ha‽
MM: found every record, recovered all her gear that I could,
MM: emulated her style or a while, but I could never get the hang of capes, ha ha‽
MM: but yeah‽ if you ever decide you wanna play then you can ride with my crew‽ We'll keep the new player griefers out of your hair, bro‽
MM: I didn't know anyone when I first joined, nearly got killed a couple times‽
MM: I don't remember most of the early stuff...???
MM: It's kinda hazy and suddenly I was a whole bunch levels higher than I remembered???
MM: ha ha, idk, maybe I got a concussion‽

You actually got cornered, flipped out, smashed some skulls in, and messed up some minds with your chucklevoodoos in a fog of bloodlust. But you legitimately don't remember; you suspect something crazy, since you were covered in blood when you came to. But whatevs. It's a bloody game, and you don't care about the losers!
mercurialMonster
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:43 am

Ok, so this whole flarping thing is pretty interesting but you still aren't fully feeling it. Perhaps if you witnessed some of the games you might be willing to join. Shaking your head and letting your friend continue on about how great it is. You make a note to ask her more about her ancestor but for a later time. You're suddenly worried at the mention of death and near death situations. Yeah, so it is a rough game and dying/loosing limbs is highly possible. As a purple blood you should probably be clamoring for the action but really it's just not clicking in your thinkpan.

TI: It really does, uh, sound like a load of fun.
TI: |B|ut ╕I╒ think ╕I╒ would like to watch a few rounds |B|efore actually joining.
TI: If that is something that is possible.
TI: See you in action.
TI: ╕I╒ mean, uh, which is to say, you seem to know that you are doing.
TI: It would have nothing to do with, uhm, any particular advance admiration or anything along those lines.

Oh great you're rambling and becoming less coherent with each thought trying to process through your synapses. Such a great and mighty failure you are. And even now you want to see when you could actually meet this troll face to face but you just know your wording would make it sound creepy as fuck. You facepalm hard and sigh into your hand. When you look up you notice out of the corner of your eye that your lusus is now sitting close by. His eyes focused on you with that unnerving stare. You are amazed that he can wedge his rather large posterior through the door anyway. Now with your guardian watching you feel even more embarrassed for no sure fire reason. You try typing again but your lusus scoots closer each time you start typing. He nudges your leg at first.

TI: So, uh, yeah.
TI: ╕I╒ mean we
TI: Uh
TI: Uh, apologizes, ╕my╒ lusus is here.
TI: He seems to have something on his, uh
TI: Mind?
TI:
TI: ╕I╒ apologize for ╕my╒ inability to formulate proper responsloih;wqetrhjdsfalkSd

Your response is cut short and garbled as Lo-Lo attempts to sprawl his very large and muscular body across your lap like some wriggler purrbeast would. But he has ruined your last sentence and your chair can't properly hold the weight of you both as you tumble out of the chair and onto the floor. You are now being completely blanketed by the feline and can only flail helplessly while he purrs delightfully.
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum