SBurban Jungle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

==> Random Adventures

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

==> Random Adventures Empty ==> Random Adventures

Post  celestialSprite Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:11 am

==> Be The Poetic Troll
You are Svenja Mirren and you are currently soaked to the bone from yet another "bonding session" with your lusus. This happens regularly, but you have learnt to deal with it by drying off as fast as you can. Many of your friends complain about the strong stench of lake water that goes hand in hand with your presence, but you've grown so used to the smell that it's stopped bothering you.
You have many interests and these include Classical Alternian Poetry, Lost Civilizations ,contemporary weaponry, hiking, and climbing.
celestialSprite
celestialSprite
Moppet of Destiny
Moppet of Destiny

Back to top Go down

==> Random Adventures Empty Re: ==> Random Adventures

Post  titanicIronsmith Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:58 pm

Your name is Zeraki Keevee and your lusus demands you seek physical interaction. Apparently trolling your friends online isn't enough nor does Skreedad accept all the glass sculptures littering the Hive as reasonable substitutes. It's difficult trying to tear you from your workstation and your husktop but if it will make your moody lusus happy you suppose it is the right thing to do. You have tried to set up a meeting with your moirail but there hasn't been a response. Well the troll can be a bit flaky sometimes. He will probably stand you up. Again.

Besides the usual social awkwardness you are a talented glass smith, skilled in a variety of weaponry and far to kind then your blue blood should allow.
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  celestialSprite Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:14 pm

You stand up from where you're sitting, in a attempt to dry off. Even though you spend most of your time out of your hive, that time is usually spent alone. You pick up your shoes off the shore of the small lake and slip them on, and walk into your hive to find something dryer to wear. You find exactly that, and sitting at your husk top, you see that no one is online. Looking to the side, you find that book you were meaning to finish, and what better time to finish it than now?
celestialSprite
celestialSprite
Moppet of Destiny
Moppet of Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:49 pm

It is becoming exceedingly harder to make up excuses to avoid going out. In the end your lusus has claimed victory by means of smashing one of your prized glass figurines. He more or less drags you from your respiteblock and plants you outside your front door. Your only relief if that you managed to hold onto your husktop. Now you are left with two options. Enter the woods and venture in hopes of finding something interesting or ventured into the caves near your Hive with similar results. You actually opt for the third one. That being where you go plant yourself under the shadow of a tree and log onto Trollian. Traveling far enough so Skreedad doesn't catch you refusing his orders. Again. No one interesting seems to be online so you attempt to browse a few chats and maybe come across something to occupy yourself with.
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  celestialSprite Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:14 pm

You idly sit, skimming over the pages and you eventually finish the book. Tossing it to the side, you look at your screen; seeing if someone's online. Fortunately, one of them is online. You decide to pester the troll, out of pure convenience; even though you don't know him very well, if he's even a him. You've seemed to forget, so you decide to troll them.

--admirableTrovaudor [AT] started trolling chimericTernion [CT]
AT:Hello there.
celestialSprite
celestialSprite
Moppet of Destiny
Moppet of Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:42 pm

There's a ping and suddenly a chat box pops up on the screen. For a moment you think you might have overlooked seeing someone who know log on but once you glance at the name it doesn't strike you as familiar. You're sure you've have a few chats with this fellow before.

CT: Oh, h3y! How go3s it! =3
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  celestialSprite Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:13 pm

The sound that alerts you of an incoming message makes you jump a little, but you waste no time in answering.
AT:It goes as well as the fates above will allow, and may I inquire to how you are doing; this fine and glorious day?
celestialSprite
celestialSprite
Moppet of Destiny
Moppet of Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:30 pm

Well this troll seems to talk interestingly. It kind of reminds you of someone but the name eludes you. With a slight shrug of your shoulders you get to typing.

CT: Oh it go3s gr3at! W3ll it was till my Lusus had a fit and thr3w m3 out! So I kinda mak3 good on b3ing forc3d to 3njoy the moonlight!
CT: So what do you m3an by fat3s abov3? Lik3 a d3ity thiny?
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  celestialSprite Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:14 pm

AT:That's harsh. And I only meant a small reference to the classic poetry I have been immersing myself in lately
celestialSprite
celestialSprite
Moppet of Destiny
Moppet of Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:19 am

You chuckle and shrug your shoulders... not that the troll on the other side of the screen could even see it!

CT: Hah, it's not as t3rribl3 as it sounds! I am 3njoying th3 sc3n3ry outsid3 my hiv3 at th3 mom3nt. Gotta look at th3 bright3r sid3 of th3s3 circumstanc3s!
CT: Oh and po3try? Y333ah n3v3r got into that mys3lf! N3v3r b333n good with words!
CT: So b3sid3s your r3ading of... po3try stuff what 3ls3 ar3 you up to?
CT: I'm lik3, sooo bor3d right now! I'm way tooo old to b3 playing in the dirt.

You glance around your surroundings. It's quite and serene. It's mostly why you chose this place to build your hive. But now all the silence is just suffocating.
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  celestialSprite Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:20 pm

ATWell actually, I was planning to go out later. You know, to see what I haven't seen yet by my eyes. And since you're kind of stagnant at the moment, would you mind if I dragged you along? You know, to cure you of your boredom?
celestialSprite
celestialSprite
Moppet of Destiny
Moppet of Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:06 pm

CT: Oooh. You'r3 inviting m3 out for a bit of adv3ntur3? W3ll it's not lik3 my lusus will b3 l3tting m3 insid3 any tim3 soon! I'm up for it! Though I forg3t how far your hiv3 is. Mayb3 I can catch a rid3.

You seem rather excited by the prospect. It's been awhile since he'd ventured from the general area of his hive. Perhaps it was about time to bask in a few risks.
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  celestialSprite Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:03 pm

AT:How about I just swing by and we'll figure out where we'll go from there. You live around the edge of the forest, right?
celestialSprite
celestialSprite
Moppet of Destiny
Moppet of Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:04 pm

The thought of the troll swinging by so suddenly kind of puts you into panic mode. You're not sure if you're prepared for company or if your lusus would be alright with it. Well it seems your friend is more then willing to come along and proceed with this adventure regardless!

CT: Oh, y333ah! W3ll mor3 lik3 clos3r to th3 bluffs. N3ar th3 cav3s and stuff! How long do you think it'll tak3?
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  celestialSprite Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:38 pm

AT: Well...If I start now, I'll probably arrive in the general area at around midnight or so. My lusus is currently busy, and will be busy for a few nights as it is, so I don't really have a chance to catch a ride with her.
celestialSprite
celestialSprite
Moppet of Destiny
Moppet of Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:47 am

CT: Oh w3ll if that's the cas3 I'll wait h3r3. Hop3fully I won't b3 d3vour3d by any passing b3asts sinc3 my lusus is v3ry much ignoring m3. So y3ah, I'll occupy mys3lf with som3thing till you arriv3! Just b3car3ful out th3r3!

Yeah there really isn't much going on around you anyway. It's way too quiet and lonesome. And once your friend logs off to come and get you you'll be pretty much bored senseless till she shows up. What a drag!
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  celestialSprite Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:01 pm

AT:Farewell until we meet again!
admirableTrovaudor [AT] ceased pestering chimericTernion [CT]

You log off and quickly shut down your husktop, making sure to captologde if needed in the future. Slipping out of your hive, you tell your lusus that you will be gone for a while and she nods, telling you to stay alive and to not get into any stupid situations. You assure her that you will be completely responsible and soon you are on your way.

It takes a few minutes to remember exactly which path takes the shortest amount of time. The paths that you take were worn down by previous generations of trolls and lusii, but it still provides a challenge in some places, in which you relish. It would seem that at the pace that you are going, you'll maybe be able to cut down around a half an hour of traveling time.

celestialSprite
celestialSprite
Moppet of Destiny
Moppet of Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:56 pm

CT: Oh! L3aving alr3ady? I'll s333 you in a bit!

-- admirableTrovaudor [AT] ceased pestering chimericTernion [CT] --

CT: by3!
CT: Oh, darn.

You just miss saying a proper goodbye and huff. Well it seems you will have nothing to do for the next few hours till your companion shows up. You decide to occupy yourself with a few viral videos you can find and every now and then you look up encase you miss anything vital. Nope, everything still seems relatively silent and benign.
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  celestialSprite Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:03 am

You take the familiar paths, your feet settling into a familiar pattern. Looking around you see that the forests that surround you are very quiet for reasons unknown. You let your eyes drift skywards to look at the positions of the twin moons that orbit Alternia. Your mind drifts off into all the references to these moons that you have found in your books. You sigh, realizing that those references have done no justice to the moons. You continue on your path, and start to jog slowly to cut more time. The familiar crunch of the foliage beneath your feet are a welcoming sound, along with the various scents and sights.
If only you were not rushed! You would normally have stopped in your tracks and proceed to write everything you saw and head down in prose. But anyways, enough dilly dallying! You have a chum to meet up with!
celestialSprite
celestialSprite
Moppet of Destiny
Moppet of Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:22 pm

You are starting to get restless. It's much to quiet and you get the feeling of being watched. Skreedad is still inside your hive, as far as you know, so he can't be the one giving you the creeps. A few more minutes and you can't sit still any longer. Shutting down your husktop you quickly captchalogue it and climb to your feet. Tucking your hands into the pockets of your jacket you just circle around your hive, glancing around the trees and occasionally looking skyward. Now and then you see silent shadows cut through the starry night but you think nothing of it. Your lusus does a good job of keeping large predators away. Yeah. No worries.
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  celestialSprite Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:45 pm

You know that you are getting close, because you are able to see the subtle changes in the environment around you. This makes you realize that you need a moment to rest before continuing on. You take a swig of water and lean against a tree, wiggling your feet to loosen them up. Once you are done, you continue walking; occasionally veering off the path to look at something that catches you eye. You know that you are getting close to your friend's hive by the tell tale signs of a lusus marking their territory along with a hive in close proximatey of these markings.
celestialSprite
celestialSprite
Moppet of Destiny
Moppet of Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:57 am

All this waiting has made you a little anxious. Perhaps you should have suggested meeting halfway? Well kind of too late for that now and you doubt you will remember to bring it up later! At this point you've paces around your lawnring a few times and attracted the attention of your Lusus. Of course he quickly chased you off thinking you were trying to sneak back inside. Ruffling your hair you decide you might as well see if you can spot your friend before she makes it all the way to your hive. With Skreedad being as moody as he is perhaps its best to keep others at a distance. You don't really fear running into any dangerous beasts, your lusus has taken care of anything that would like to take a bite out of you.
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  celestialSprite Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:27 am

You arrive at the lawnring of the troll you are supposed to meet up with. It would be stupid to assume that he was inside the hive, because he specifically told you that his lusus had kicked him out! So of course you circle the very edge of the lusus' territory, taking care not to raise too much attention to yourself. But you keep your rapier at your side, knowing that there are other beasts worse than a pissed of lusus in these parts; and you know the state your lusus will be in when you do not return in a decent amount of time. And it is not pleasant...To say in the least, and you'd rather not experience the wrath of your lusus again. So you decide to use your thinkpan to figure out how to get the attention of the troll instead of the lusus. You could take your husktop out and troll him, but the chances of him having his husk top on hand are low. So you do the least stupid thing you can think of and whislte loudly, hoping to attract the attention of nearby trolls.
celestialSprite
celestialSprite
Moppet of Destiny
Moppet of Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:58 am

It doesn't take long for you to spot the female troll stalking up to your hive all nice and caution like. You are just about to shout out to her to get her attention but it seems she overlooked you rounding the corner and her loud whistling reaches your sensitive sound receptors. You cover your ears with a wince. "H333y, I'm right h3r3! B3 car3ful or you might wak3 him up!" You uncover your ears and trudge closer. Somewhere in the upper portion of your hive you hear shifting. Then a beaked nose is pressed up tight against one of the many windows. Three unblinking eyes are staring at both of you. It could be a little unnerving but you are used to it so you choose to ignore it... and the tapping of the glass as he tries to get your attention.

"So, looks lik3 you mad3 it!"
titanicIronsmith
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  celestialSprite Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:11 am

You jump slightly at the sudden appearance of the male troll you were supposed to be meeting. Yep! I told you I'd make it, and that it would only take some time. You follow his gaze to one of the windows of his hive and you see his lusus staring at you with two of his three eyes. And sorry, for the ruckus that I've probably created with my whistling. So you must be the troll I was speaking to earlier?
celestialSprite
celestialSprite
Moppet of Destiny
Moppet of Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next